Tuesday, January 5, 2010

What Does the Bible Say? Series Introduction



I’ve used “What Does the Bible Say?” since I first heard a college professor use it my freshman year. He used it to stop people from arguing or wasting time discussing things that the Bible does not address. He used the example of over hearing a heated discussion in the college’s snack shop. He said, “I overheard two men arguing over weather you should use gold colored or silver colored offering plates in pick up the weekly offerings.”

It sounds stupid, and it is, but some people will argue over things that seem important to a denomination but has no Biblical basis. I’ve been thinking about this for the last few months; thinking about doing a blog series by the same name. I think it is time to do so. The “What Does the Bible Say Series” will cover topics we Christians and non-Christians have either wondered about or discussed and show what the Bible truly says about it or if the Bible even addresses it.

The purpose is to educate anyone willing to read my blog. I wish to equip God’s people to know what His Word says. The topics will range from “Are Tattoos and Body Piercing OK,” “Is Social Drinking OK,” “How God Views Couples Living Together Outside of Marriage,” and the topics can go on and on. I do want to put this disclaimer out there; I am a Baptist but I will not put what the “Baptist say” about anything. The series is called “What Does the Bible Say.”

The series will be a way for me to learn more about different topics that have been debated forever and to give a way for the average Christian a place to go deeper in the Word than an average church can go on Sunday mornings. I will keep each topic in a folder on my computer so maybe this blog series will develop into a Sunday evening series or small group series. You are welcome to follow along, and leave comments; just remember we are family and children of God so be kind if you choose to let your voice be heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment